About Me

My photo
I am the founder, CEO, CFO, manager, animator and janitor of PokeGravy Studios.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy birthday to my Mothah

The birthdaypocalypse continues...today it is my mom's birthday!

You can once again call me biased, but my mothah is the best mothah that a nice Jewish boy from Bawston could ever have. She never tried to make me be a doctor instead of a cartoonist. In fact, she's done quite the opposite; she has always encouraged me to follow my dream and never misses a moment to promote my work. She even loved the "Mike's Mothah" cartoons, despite the fact that friends and family are convinced that the main character is based on her.

In honor of her birthday, I'd like to take this moment to clarify the differences between Mike's mothah and my own...


My mothah is not shaped like a gumdrop
My mothah does not wear drab orange and brown clothes (she dresses in nice colors)
My mothah does not watch all those reality shows (only ones about decorating)
My mothah does not sound like a man
My mothah lets my dad watch football and even watches with him sometimes

But there are some similarities:

My mothah does have a Boston accent, and is known to say "Oh my gawd!"
My mothah does provide safety-based commentary on my dad's driving, and does get distracted by nicely-painted homes
I am not, and have never been, allowed to say "shut up" to my mothah

But most importantly:
My mothah does care infinitely about the well-being of her children, and would absolutely climb a burning ferris wheel to save one of us, if it came to that. And that's why she's the best mothah ever.


So what are you waiting for! Go to her website and look at her art!

Happy birthday, Mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment