About Me

My photo
I am the founder, CEO, CFO, manager, animator and janitor of PokeGravy Studios.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene

(click to enlarge)
Hurricane Irene is over. Some thought the storm was way over-hyped, but others are still dealing with death, destruction and loss of power, so who's to say? I do want to comment on hurricane coverage though:

It's funny.

The highlights:

Reporter with perfect hair, outside in Boston: "I'm out here and -- oh wow. It just started raining. WOW!"

A reporter in Southern MA trying desperately to cling to her NBC hat in the high winds.

About a half hour later, that same reporter wearing a BU hat, reporting "I lost my hat."

But the best line was during a female news anchor showing footage from a beach, where teenagers were daring to wade into the tumultuous surf. About half way through some dry reporting she broke into an extremely motherly tone and shouted "WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS?!"

I will also say that WBZ's Joe Joyce, who recently hired me to draw the below adorable hurricane, is awesome and wins the "Most Enthusiastic to be Outside in Harsh Weather" award.


No comments:

Post a Comment